Suffering From Parental Alienation, What Are My Legal Options?

Ask a Lawyer


Through sending my child to counseling, my ex-spouse has worked to turn my child against me. What are my legal options?


Ohio attorney Daniel White

I do not practice law in your state. Therefore, I cannot inform you as to the specific laws of your state, but I can provide you with general tips in divorce.

Parental alienation is a big problem in society today and has been consistently overlooked by the courts. In the state that I am licensed in, Ohio, courts will order counseling that all parties are to participate in and issue strict orders against spouses speaking ill of the other around the child. The most important thing to do in this situation is act quickly.

Participate actively with the counselor, and make sure they are hearing all sides to the story, as they could potentially bias the child further if they only focus on you or your actions. I would recommend you gather all messages from your ex-spouse that relate to the alienation, and meet with a local attorney to discuss your options moving forward.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Ohio divorce lawyer Daniel White, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply