What Do I Do If My Spouse Files For An Emergency Child Support Court Hearing?

Ask a Lawyer


My wife and I are in the process of a divorce, and she filed for an emergency child support court date. This is limiting my visitation with my children. What should I do?


Pennsylvania divorce attorney Caroline Thompson
Pennsylvania divorce attorney Caroline Thompson

I am not licensed in your state but will answer your questions based upon my experience in my jurisdiction.

In my state, one of the most important things you can do if one parent is withholding custody is to make consistent requests, in writing (text or email is acceptable) requesting additional custodial time with the minor children.

This will then establish a pattern of the requests for more time and that part of the motivation of denying time could be financial gain.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Pennsylvania divorce lawyer Caroline Thompson, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply