Am I Legally Required to Give My Ex-Spouse My Address?

Ask a Lawyer


Am I legally required to give my ex-spouse my address?


Arkansas attorney Giana M. Messore

I have not been retained as your attorney so I cannot give you legal advice. However, I can offer some general information that may help you.

If Massachusetts is similar to the state that I am licensed to practice in, Arkansas, then no you are not required to give your address to your ex-spouse.

However, the court will likely require the information if you are filing any court documents such as divorce or custody papers. If you want this information to be kept hidden, you can ask the court that it be kept off any documents.

Also, in my state, parties’ personal information is now kept on cover sheets that the court clerk keeps in a separate file and does not file it with the court so it does not become public record.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Arkansas divorce lawyer Giana M. Messore, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply