Where Do I File for Divorce if My Wife Fled the State With My Kids? – Men’s Divorce Podcast

Cordell & Cordell Executive/Managing Partner, CEO Scott Trout and Richmond divorce attorney Jacob Smith discuss how dads should respond if their spouse flees the state with their children in the midst of a divorce or child custody case.

It is not uncommon for one spouse to move away after a breakup, and if this occurs during the divorce process and involves children, then figuring out the correct jurisdiction for the case gets tricky.

Mr. Trout and Mr. Smith discuss how the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) determines jurisdiction in cases like this and what you should be doing to make sure your case is handled correctly.

Click the link below to listen to the full podcast episode. Also make sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or whichever podcast app you prefer.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply